Preparing for Your Post-Pandemic Dental Visit
We are excited to announce that after an extended closure, we are now seeing patients again! However, for everyone's safety, we will initially be limiting our schedule to select procedures (those that do not produce an aerosol spray) and will be allowing extra time for each appointment to allow for appropriate physical distancing and additional room cleaning. If you have an upcoming appointment, please read the following carefully to ensure your visit goes smoothly.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
- Please complete this brief Wellness Form at least 1 day before your visit. This helps us ensure it is safe for you to come in.
- If you do develop any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, chills, shortness of breath, headache, sore throat, or loss of taste/smell) or if someone in your household is sick or you may have been exposed to someone with the virus, please contact us immediately to reschedule your appointment. We will not be charging late cancellation fees for appointments cancelled due to safety concerns/illness.
- If you have heart, lung or kidney disease or diabetes, are immunocompromised, are over 65, or have other health concerns that increase risk of serious illness due to COVID-19, please let us know if you would prefer to delay your visit. While we are providing the safest dental health environment possible, ultimately it is up to our patients to decide what is most appropriate for them.
- If you have a hygiene visit scheduled, please be aware that our hygienist has temporarily stopped using the ultrasonic scaler in order to reduce airborne particles (aerosols). If you dislike the sound or sensation of hand scaling and would prefer to wait until the ultrasonic is once again available, please contact us to reschedule for a future date. (We expect to be able to use the ultrasonic again by late June/early July).
DURING YOUR VISIT:
- Please do not bring family members or others into the office with you unless absolutely necessary. This will help us to maintain social distancing in our lobby.
- If you have a mask or cloth face covering, please wear your mask before and after your appointment.
- Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible to prevent an overlap of patients in the lobby. If there is a backup, we may ask you to wait outside or in your car until your room is ready.
- Upon entering the office, we will ask you to use the hand sanitizer in our lobby before proceeding to the front desk. One of our team members will also ask to take your temperature with a forehead thermometer.
- Our coffee station, magazines and children's toys have been temporarily removed from our lobby, as these items are difficult to sanitize properly throughout the day. Please plan to bring your own beverage and a book or tablet if desired (although we expect wait times to be very short due to our reduced schedule.)
Due to the extra costs associated with higher-level personal protective equipment and extended appointment times, we will be adding a $10 "PPE surcharge" to each visit for the next few months. Since we do not yet know which insurance companies will cover PPE costs, this $10 fee will be due at the time of service. If your insurance does cover the fee, we can apply the credit towards a future visit or refund it by check or credit card.
We are so grateful for your patience during our closure, and for your trust and support as we cautiously reopen! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions. We are here for you.
Next Article: Introducing Invisalign®